Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

What are you getting rid of...?

SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

I've become disappointed with Brunnera 'Jack Frost'.... not the plants fault...molluscs have virtually ruined all my clumps....I know they'll come back next Spring but the leaves will never look good for long...also I've gone off the leaf colour somewhat... bit too much...  I shall let them flower next year then most likely....out !

...I shall replace with Omphalodes 'Cherry Ingram'... I haven't had this one for some time and it's due for a revisit.... I do love the colour and I can't recall having much bother with them previously....

..how about you...?

• ElusiveElusive Posts: 992

I already gave up on Peonies this year, they just dont seem to like me or my garden, so out they went.

• DorsetUKDorsetUK Posts: 441

I've a clump of scented double pink peonies which have been in the same spot for at least 20 years.  Huge flowers and plenty of them..  I add compost to the soil around them and they are protected by a south facing wall and tubs either side, feed a  little in the spring and leave them to it..  There's a flourishing  hardy fuchsia in front of it and as the peony goes over the fuchsia comes into its own.  That's been there about as long.  I do propagate from that as that's easy of course

• Removed two agapanthus and every bit of montbretia I could find last weekend.  Looking forward to planting new things that won't now get their roots throttled by those thugs!

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • LynLyn Posts: 23,190

Probably Solanum Crispum glasnevin, far to huge, I cut it down now, then right down in the Spring, its still up about 15ft by the summer. I have some perenial  sweet pea seedlings  to go there.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409

My bearded irises are on borrowed time - although I expect they will get another "just one more year" to prove themselvesimage.  And my thalictrum Elin's got very floppy and were a pretty insipid colour - so they might have to go.  Apart from that I was a pretty happy chick this yearimage

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Everything here's new as I've planted most of it since moving in last year but I think some of the Phormiums I've had for years might get changed. They've got a bit congested and losing their variegation. Cream Delight however, is my favourite plant in the back garden just now. Beautiful crisp foliage. The purple clematis that I brought from a previous garden - unnamed - is pretty insipid so that'll have to get chucked too I think. 

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Am getting rid of my Buxus hedge around the front garden. It is on a slope and the top half of the hedge suffers from drying out and bronzing. The bottom half is now double in size as it gets the shade and is verdant green but can get stood on by the kids. It is also too small for what I want. I plan to replace with a Beech hedge.

• Saying a sad goodbye to my Victoria Plum, its looking very sick this year. (no more jamimage