Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

what did I buy?

I'm not one , sorry but if you can post a photo someone might be able to reconise it and put you out of your misery !.

• WintersongWintersong Posts: 2,436

I once bought three heleniums although one looked slightly different to the others.

It didn't grow much that year and looked completely different from the other two by the end of the summer although it was happy where I planted it.

The following year, it gained vigour and eventually flowered as one of the lesser known varieties (name escapes me) and I wished all three had been alike as the regular heleniums were not that special in my garden situation.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

break - I just looked at the Feb magazine which had an offer of Foxglove, Geum, Nepeta and Coreopsis. Could that be the offer?image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Sorry for not replying sooner break - the good weather meant I was outside all weekend and haven't really caught up yet! The nepeta should be fine once it settles in. Presume you've got the hot weather- plants tend to wilt a bit when you pot them on anyway and it's worse when it's hot.  Best to put them in a little light shade till they perk up- only a day or so normally. Plants look good and healthy anyway! image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...