London (change)
Today 11°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 7°C / 3°C
41 to 60 of 72 messages
04/05/2014 at 21:34

If posting pictures is showing off, carry on, show off. I love to see pictures of plants and gardens.

It's not showing off though is it? It's sharing. Our gardens will all be different and it's great to see and hear about as many as possible

I'm interested in what other people grow and how they garden

04/05/2014 at 21:37

Well, upto now the responce has been good.    Thank you. Verdun.  Thanks for listing your plants in alphabetical order.  Welshonion. It must be obvious that horticulture is my life.  Believe me.  I never boast.  I would love to spend more time in my garden/greenhouse.  Perhaps you can tell me where I can get a new spine.  My one is worn out.  About an hour is now my max , althogh...ooops, perhaps a little boast.  I can still do as much in an hour, as many would take a day to do. I love researcing and I am doing my best to keep my brain active.  BB2  Website.  To be honest.  I am not a 'puter geek'.  Supernoodle.  Orchid Lady.  Mike made you a promise.  I never break my word. If and when.  You get the first copy.  Signed etc.  Now what are you growing?

Folks.  I am grateful for your submissions so far.   I have also read the various comments.  Not wishing to offend anyone, but.  Shouls anyone consider tis to be a waste of time.  Then I will persue the subject no further.

Thankfully.  This forum is well supported, and I find it a very happy enviroment.  Long may it continue.  I also, be part of the RHS, contribute to Mygarden forum.  Sadly there are continued fears that the forum might be dropped.  Sad.  IMHO the members do not use the forum enough.  So my friends.  Let's keep this forum up and running, there is provision for us to post practically anything and everything.

04/05/2014 at 21:45

It's not a waste of time if you want to do it Mike. 

We can contribute or not as we wish

04/05/2014 at 21:48

Dovefromabove.  Thanks for your last post.  Hopefully I will get somewhere with this book....all ten pages of it including index etc.  Believe me. The forum will be included in the credits.

This particular area, subject.  Will I feel benefit each and every reader.  I get many of my ideas from the questions asked on the forum.  So in reality, much of this work is yours, my gardening friends.  I am up for my op on the 12th.  I will close the input submissions then.  Then hopefully my recovery period, I will be able to sort out all the posts.  As several mentioned, they would save the list I posted on pH values etc.  I think you will all find the outcome of this survey interesting and beneficial.

04/05/2014 at 22:32

Hello Mike.

Good to have your calming words .  Looking forward to your book 

04/05/2014 at 23:28

Mike my friend,first off allow me to wish you the very best for your op.My wife is having an operation on Thursday this week for a gall bladder removal.Its a worry and neither of us can settle,silly I know but there you go.So I'll be thinking of you on the 12th.

Secondly,I think this idea of yours is very sound and I personally have no objection to offering any info you wish to know (within reason!!) 

04/05/2014 at 23:42

Sorry Mike.  Meant to say good luck for your op.

04/05/2014 at 23:49

Have bleeding heart and mooli been listed. I also grow a wide selection of weeds, unintentionally I might add - dandelion, clover, cleavers,  hairy bitter cress and added to that on the allotment - bindweed, horsetail and nettles  

04/05/2014 at 23:51

Zoomer 

04/05/2014 at 23:56

Weedus Victorious

Plantus Unknownus

Outofcontrolus Magnificentus

05/05/2014 at 07:10

Lots of chuckling here Clari - if only Mike could tell us how to stop that third one from spreading 

Mime ((hugs))  will be thinking of you on the 12th 

05/05/2014 at 07:34

Mike - would it help if we added a general area to our lists so that you can make comparisons on the planting? It would mean we'd have to do another post or you can check the map of where we are,  or even our profiles but some people may not have much info. 

Sending my best wishes to you and your wife Fishy. It's a traumatic time for you both x

Mike - we're all here here to keep you occupied and chat with you as you know. You carry on doing what you like to do here. I'm baffled at the reaction by a few people frankly  

Clari - I have that second one you have!

05/05/2014 at 07:42

Didn't our Profiles used to show roughly the area where we were posting from?  

And those who were posting from abroad always showed up as Tower Hamlets, just to confuse issues.  

When did that stop? 

05/05/2014 at 07:42

Good luck on the 12th, mike. Carry on with the good work 

05/05/2014 at 08:28
Dovefromabove wrote (see)

Didn't our Profiles used to show roughly the area where we were posting from?  

And those who were posting from abroad always showed up as Tower Hamlets, just to confuse issues.  

When did that stop? 

I don't think everyone turns it on on yheir profile so its a bit hit and miss.

05/05/2014 at 13:32

...is there anyone else in the country that grows a Eugenia...? [Surinam Cherry].. I'm finding it rather lonely...

...I don't think I'll be making a cherry cake with these...lol...

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/44864.jpg?width=273&height=350&mode=max

05/05/2014 at 18:18

Mike...........I'm so sorry..............I didn't wish you well for your op..........so I hope everything goes well.

05/05/2014 at 18:45

Mesembryanthemum and osteospermum don't think any one has mentioned love them because of their Names! Hope everyone having an operation keeps well and recovers quickly to enable them to get back to their calming gardening tasks. 

05/05/2014 at 22:23

Mike, I think all mine have been mentioned and some I don't know what they are.  I am going to attempt a list this week sometime but have a busy work week and out seeing customers everyday so won't have any garden time  Will get back to you ASAP.

Hope your ok x

PS - Poached Egg Plant, has anyone mentioned that, I don't think I've seen it? Not strictly speaking got it yet but seeds are sown 

05/05/2014 at 22:23

Thank friends. Truthfully, I just wanthe 12th to come and go.  It is like a thorn in the side.  Not wishing to sound morbid, but. Yes I have a caring two daugters and grand kids of a family.   However most of my time is spent alone.  That is why I enjoy vthe forum so much.  I do my best at all times not to offend anyone.  I also try not to impose my learning etc upon others.  We each follow such a wonderful pastime/occupation.  Please continue to enjoy.  Thasnks for the good wishes for the 12th.  From what the op or procedure entails.  Mike is glad that he will be out cold.  From what I have learned.  From knock out to finish.  20 minutes. Bring it on. Beam me up Scotty.  Fishy 65.  Hey mate.  Please give wifey a big hug and kiss from me.,  We all pray that everything goes well.  Stay strong Fishy. Keep us updated.  We are a great family.

41 to 60 of 72 messages