London (change)
Today °C / °C
Tomorrow °C / °C
61 to 72 of 72 messages
05/05/2014 at 23:11

Apologies for duplication

shrubs

cornus alba,  mockorange, berberris, fuchsia, weigela, cotinus smoke bush grace, mexican orange blossom, honeysuckle, clematis, lilac, cameiia, pieris, euonymus, fatsia, hypericum

Perennials

hostas, ferns, agapanthus, phlox, hemerocallis, rudbeckia, euphorbia , Lobelia, crocosmia

Possibly a lot more that I have not listed 

05/05/2014 at 23:28

I want to say a huge thank you to all you guys in wishing Mrs Fish and myself well. She has epilepsy and cronhs disease too,I'm her carer and those conditions always give cause for concern even without the added worry over an operation.

So Mike,yes I'll give her that big hug and kiss from your good self my friend.And I'll give you a 'blokish'? slap on the back (but not too hard). Your concern is humbling and greatly appreciated.Stay safe and you'll be back on the forums before you know it.Oh and please impose as much of your learning as you wish,I for one could do with it.

06/05/2014 at 08:06

It's difficult isnt it working out whats in the garden when inside?  

Should have gone around with pen and paper cos I've missed out loads.

Bottom line is though that we all seem to grow far more than we realise.  

06/05/2014 at 08:12

Yes, I've missed loads off my list, but most of them have been added by people posting after me .............. and then there's the one or two that were presents from Nut and I can't remember the names of ......  I'll have to find where I've written them down 

06/05/2014 at 08:15
Dovefromabove wrote (see)

Yes, I've missed loads off my list, but most of them have been added by people posting after me .............. and then there's the one or two that were presents from Nut and I can't remember the names of ......  I'll have to find where I've written them down 

and Nut's not likely to remember is she

06/05/2014 at 08:18

No, but next time I visit I'll wander around and point  - and this time I might remember to write them down 

06/05/2014 at 08:19

post a pic if you want anything IDd Dove

06/05/2014 at 09:12

Thanks Nut, I will if I'm totally stumped, but at the moment I'm setting myself the challenge .......... of finding where I wrote the notes 

06/05/2014 at 11:20

Hope Mrs Fishy is feeling good today Mr Fish! Crohns in a right royal pain in the rump and epilepsy certainly doesn't help matters.

I keep meaning to write a proper little log of all the plants I am putting in the garden but I get distracted so easily!

06/05/2014 at 21:36

I have to admit.  At times Mike does tend to enter the land of fantacy. No to boast or anythying like that, but because I really am interested in the world around me.  Sadly now I that I spend so much time alone.  I find that.  Yes!  I can go for a wander in never-never land.  I simply love researching.  Thanks to my computer, even though I admit, I understand very little of the workings of it.  For me.  It is like a compact filing cabinet.  With the aid of the internet, so much of the world has been opened up in my study.  Oh yes.  Mike has got a study.  The larger of my two bedrooms, Val often called it the junk room.  I have to admit.  I do like to keep records etc.  Each plant in our/my tiny garden is listed on the pc.  So when my tiny friends the foxes vist and decide to wander off with the labels.  I have it all on disc.  I have just finished c&p the list of plants you friends have graceousley provided.  Yes as our friend and forum member sussed.  I was intending to research and write up, abot poisonous plants.  As I have always claimed.  All plants and trees are poisonous.  Who hasn't at some time, whilst gardening.  Popped another sweet into the mouth.  Or got the faggies out and lit up, even rolling your own.  Then as tghe years roll by, certain inner body changes take place.  I don't wish to burden you with my medical history, but.  Seems my GP has spotted something in a blood test. Seems now my liver is showing a few if's and but's.  Also my spleen is s bit on the large size.  Amand my youngest actually has a medical degree. She want's to kow the ins and outs of everything.  To be honest.  I am interested but then on the otherhand.  I'd rather not know.  So along these lines.  I have been searching the dictionaries etc on the subject of poisonous plants. I come to the conclusion that all plants can harm us.  So back to that point, of the sweet or the ciggy.  Thankfully I gave the latter up over thirty years ago, strange though, after a meal.  I still reach for me fags.  I now wonder how many of us are, may I use the term, innocently suffering fom the minute intakes of various poisons and toxins, whilst enjoying our hobby and everyday life.  For instance.  We are daily bombarded with new warnings etc.  Let's be honest.  Medics and scientist change their minds faster than perhaps some of us change our socks.  To follow all the guidelines you may as well give up.  For instance.  Five a day.  Eat more beans etc.  Did you know that, most beans are highly toxic.  Failure to cook properly.....well over to you.  So friends.  I do hope that you don't take me as being an old bore.  OK perhaps I have left it a bit late.  Just imagine it 75 almost and studying plant pathology etc.  Oh if only we could get rid of aging and dying and live forever.  Never running out of time.

Hey folks.  Lots of love to one and all.

07/05/2014 at 07:04

Isn't it interesting Mike, the older we get the more we want to find out about it all - when we were young we thought we knew everything................... 

07/05/2014 at 08:02

Morning Mike.  Take each day as it comes I think  

email image
61 to 72 of 72 messages