Start a new thread

1 to 9 of 9 replies

hi there plant ident and can i find seeds/ bulbs to plant now for spring? 

hi thank you, so can I find  it now to plant. so will come up in spring?

nutcutlet

but what about Claude Aubriet? Is he now renamed as Claude Aubret or Aubreti or what?

Cloggie

Nut, you're funny

My aubretia (whatever!) is just coming back to life after looking like a dead thing for the summer so I would think that now is a lovely time to plant it.

I have mine growing in the space between the house and the patio (very dry and gravelly).

this picture is from Spring but as I said, the stringy dead looking stuff that I saw a month ago is now greening up and getting ready to do what it shows in the picture after winter.  

Advertisement

nutcutlet

just the right place for ir Cloggie. Nice wisteria

Cloggie

Thanks Nut.  Both the wisteria and the aubretia (sp?) are works under construction.  Alongside the aubretia is an ice plant (? not shown) given to me by a friend at work and another alpine that I bought in (can't remember what it was but it flowers later than the aubretia).

Self-seeded alongside these bought-in plants (and loving where they live) are native violas (by the urn)  and a lungwort (not shown) that was there when I moved in so I have a nice established patio now after only 2 yrs.

(You can ignore the higgledy piggledy paving slabs - let's call them characterful - they are definitely a work in progress!! )

Cloggie,

that is so pretty. i want to grow those now, all i have in cracks are weeds 

Busy-Lizzie

Here is my aubretia in April last year. I planted some little plants in a bed on the edge of the terrace a few years ago and it's seeded itself around the flower pots and in cracks in the terrace. I didn't plant any of the plants now on the terrace! I love plants that give you a bonus like that.