London (change)
Today 19°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 10°C
7 messages
23/06/2012 at 14:48

Hi, I have this plant or should I say triffid growing at the bottom of the garden,  It is about 5ft high up to now and has buds on it but I don't know what it is if its a weed or a plant. I have scanned a leaf to see if anyone can identify it for me.

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/9148.jpg?width=577&height=350&mode=max

23/06/2012 at 18:05

Ragdoll,

Are the buds in a loose spike at the top of the plant and what colour does it look as though the flowers will be? Has it appeared by itself or are you new to the garden?

Joe

23/06/2012 at 18:28

Hi Joe,

It has appeared by itself and buds look like they in a spike not just at the top of plant but on the sides as well. I'm not new to the garden I have lived here 34 years, I wondered if it was from all the seeds that I feed the birds as I have other strange plants growing but can't show you a picture as don't know how to resize them to fit on here.  I have seen this plant before somewhere but can't remember where I have seen it and am not sure if it had blue flowers on it or not.

Ragdoll

23/06/2012 at 19:46

Ragdoll, it is always easier to identify a plant by the flower, so perhaps you could post another picture when the flower spike develops?

It could well be a rogue plant from bird seed.  The other year I nurtured what looked to be an interesting plant - until I discovered it was cannabis    (I could feel my collar being tugged as I disposed of it PDQ)

24/06/2012 at 11:50

Hi Ragdoll,

This is how I resized my photo to upload it. My photos come up in "Windows Live Photo Gallery".

• First make a copy of the photo you want to resize
  • Open the copy and click EDIT, ORGANIZE OR SHARE at top
  • Double click on photo you want to resize
  • Click on PROPERTIES in the wide blue bar
  • Click RESIZE and choose SMALL:800
  • Click RESIZE AND SAVE

Then upload the resized photo. I hope this works for you.

24/06/2012 at 12:02

There is also an alternative way that doesn't involve resizing-upload the picture to an external site like photo bucket-click on direct link- that copies the url and post that on the external site part when you click on the tree icon.

24/06/2012 at 13:23

Hi everyone, Thanks for your replies.  Its definitely not a cannabis plant have checked,   Hope this photo works.Ragdoll

email image
7 messages