Start a new thread

1 to 13 of 13 replies

jean6

I have small tree like  plant in a big pot..leaf on left is Birch..mine is on the right..No idea what it is...can anyone shed any light on this..!

BobTheGardener

Might be one of the poplars?  Are the leaves opposite or alternate?  Same colour underneath?

jean6

will go take more photos..back soon..

jean6

I did`nt plant this..it was supposedly seed pkt my daughter brought back from spain..but whether its that that grew I`ve no idea...otherwise I can only think that somehow a seed got into pot which was`nt in the garden & potted into small pot 1st..last year..

jean6

maybe this is slightly clearer ..

Advertisement

BobTheGardener

Hi jean, I've changed my mind - I think it's another Birch, perhaps a different kind to the other one.

nutcutlet

Looks like birch to me

How did you put a picture on here? I want to ask a question and not sure how to add a picture?? 

Help?

nutcutlet

Have you got a little tree in the tool bar above the type your message box?

click on that and follow the instructions

Cheerypeabrain

It isn't hibiscus is it? it looks familiar but I can't think where from. I am not up to speed with tree leaves....

How intriguing!

Dovefromabove

I did wonder about hibiscus - but it wouldn't have survived the last winter would it?

Cheerypeabrain

The leaf is very similar to those of the hibiscus I'm growing this year....not exactly the same but then they do vary quite a lot...if it is hibiscus it may flower and solve the problem. Sometimes things survive despite the weather...

jean6

well evryone...I will take photos later on in season but last year it was just leaves & what makes me now think with all your help that it is maybe a birch is new leaves have red tinge....we shall see...hey ho