Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

what is this tree?

Can anyone tell me what this tree is. It still has almost all of its leaves. Last spring I pulled off all the previous years leaves so now wonder if it isn't decidu

ous as I had assumed

• Is it some sort of Euonymus? Close-up view of a leaf  and some bark might help. Is this a recent photo?

Here is the leaf and bark

• That's very helpful, Bev; I'll have a think in a while and I'm sure others will, too.

Joe

• Thank you Joe. My fingers got absolutely freezing going out to take the pics!

• I suppose this has no flowers or fruit? I wondered, too, whether it was a shrub or actually a young tree that has seeded itself in your garden.

• It doesn't have flowers or fruit. I got it from someone on freegle.

• Why did you pull all its leaves off?

• I haven't got any idea....I look after shrubs and trees, I had to get a book on trees and shrubs and was able to identify them that way.
  • Still puzzling. If you have an i-phone, you can get plant ID apps such as Leafsnap.

• Those leaves are rather beautiful. I had a good look for some information but couldn't find anything. I suppose it couldn't have catkins or berries or even flowers that appear in winter so that you're not noticing them?