Start a new thread

1 to 10 of 10 replies

Sara 4

To the right of the hosepipe - very delicate and is climbing up a rose bush.  It looks like it might be trying to make flowers but nothing visible yet.  I've never noticed one before.

nutcutlet

try Adlumia fungosa, biennial climber

or one of the climbing dicentras, scandens or macrocapnos. they've changed their nameand I can't remember what they are now but they still come up on a www search

Sara 4

I thought it looked too puny to be a cultivated plant - it could easily be the Adlumia. I shall wait and see what the flower does, if anything.  Thank you nutcutlet.

nutcutlet

I shall be interested to know, sara. keep me informed

Sara 4

On that note, NC should I just come back to the old post, or message you as an individual?

Advertisement

nutcutlet

I'd come back on the post as someone else might be interested. I am set to receive PMs though if you prefer

Sara 4

I only wondered in case it's 6 months before it produces any further evidence!

nutcutlet

good point sara. I would expect a flower this year. I'm finding old posts hard to find though. I wanted to re-post one about my cherry tree but I can only see page one of my posts, when I press 2 I come staight back to current posts

Sara 4

I'll see what happens - given today's rain it may wash away, in which case we'll never know.