Start a new thread

1 to 8 of 8 replies

Hello,

I bought this Lithodora Diffusa last year from a bargain/sale rack and it had no label, but I recognised the leaves. Does anyone know what variety/cultivar it is?  The 2nd picture shows a truer likeness to the colour.

Thank you

fidgetbones

It looks like the standard Lithodora diffusa "Heavenly blue"

There is a new one around that has a blue and white star like flower.

Thanks fidget, I have another called blue star which had flowers like you describe, but it's not in flower yet. It looks very different.

I've found this plant to be a variable one.....from pale blue to mid blue.  All the standard variety though.  In my neutral soil with added ericaceous they do very well ...in flower now.

Dont really like the variety with white cross...name escapes me.  

Hi Verdun,

Both of mine were bought in the sale with no flowers so I wasn't sure what to expect, but they are both a stunning bright blue (photo doesn't really show that) I don't think my other one has a white cross, I think it's more of a star. I shall have to wait for the buds to open and then post it on here.

Advertisement

Yes, lithodora blue star 

artjak

Verdun, do they like ericacious soil? Can I just put some around and 'scratch' it in a bit, my Lithodora has been in for a year or so, but my soil has a ph of about 7. All I have noticed is that it is very thirsty.

The weirdest thing is happening with my lithodora heavenly blue plants...

I bought 10 Lithodora plants with the brightest, truest, bluest flowers. They are magnificent to wake up to in the morning.

Then I bought 3, much larger, Lithodora Blue Star plants and put them alongside the other 10.

2 weeks later, I noticed the "Heavenly Blue" plants we're no longer had electric blue flowers...but had changed to look exactly like their "Blue Star" neighbors.

Very weird.

They're all healthy, thriving, and in separate flower boxes. Has anyone ever had this happen to their plants? It's almost like the "heavenly blue" plants are mimicking the "heavenly blue" plants.