Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

What plant is this please?

I got a plant as a gift but I don't know what it is? It's looking tired so I need to know what it is :P

• the edges on the leaves are smooth though? and yeah thats why i need to know so i can look after it properly !

• figratfigrat Posts: 1,619
    I think it's a poorly rubber plant - Ficus elastica.
  • figratfigrat Posts: 1,619
    http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/rubber-tree/how-to-care-for-a-rubber-tree-plant.htm.

Assuming it's a houseplant, and that it is, in fact, a rubber plant,the above should be of interest. (sorry, you'll have to copy and paste the link.)

Have you been watering it throughout the winter?
  • I also think it's a rubber plant.
  • thank you! I got it 2 days ago it travelled from london to manchester in a train then a car, when i got it it looked like that so i re potted it, fed and watered it , cut the dead leaves off and sprayed it. that was yesterday. When it was bought it looked alive so it went like that probably because of the journey im guessing and temperature changes

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139
    Rubber plant - ficus elastica?

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139
    I was a bit slow hitting submit - answering phone at work Duh!

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• thanks everyone image