Start a new thread

1 to 8 of 8 replies

cairnsie

This plant started growing over the gravel of my parents driveway from an ajoining property. It seems to be spread via rhizomes. It's brittle plant a bit like Livingstone daisy and it gets orange flowers on it. It's very low No higher than 10cm with flowers on. Any ideas what it is as I have stolen a bit for my garden.

cairnsie

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/Cairnsie13/Mobile%20Uploads/20160721_2154062_zpstlnht5j0.jpg

Berghill

You need to either make that into a link or post the image direct using the Camera icon at the top right of the page.

The bristly leaves and orange colour suggest Hieracium auriantiacum, the orange hawkweed, also known as Devil's paintbrush and Fox and cubs. It can go quite a bit taller than 10cm if the conditions permit. I have it and like it but it can spread and annoys some people

cairnsie

Thanks That's brilliant sorry I didn't post a proper link but I had a bit of a building nightmare and was sorting that when I got home as I originally posted from my mobile and it would not let me link the photo.

Last edited: 26 July 2016 21:30:16

Advertisement

cairnsie

On looking at the plant which it definitely is it looks a little invasive I don't think ill be planting it.

cairnsie

On looking at the plant which it definitely is, it looks a little invasive I don't think ill be planting it.

nutcutlet

a little invasive is a bit of an understatement

pretty though if you have the space for it.