Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

What species of aloe is this?

Hello,

I live in Italy and last summer, during a trip in the south of Italy, I found in a field some plants of aloe (I think that's Aloe!). When I came back home I put this plants in a vase on my balcony. The problem is I don't know what species of aloe are these one. Watching the different species on the web I suspect that these could be "Aloe secundiflora" but I'm not sure at all. Is there some expert of aloe plants that could help me?

I attach some photos of my Aloe

• Sorry, ive got a couple, but no clue what they are called! Im hoping this will bump up your thread, so someone else who knows can help! image
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,139

It looks like aloe vera arborescens - it's grown commercially in Italy and has naturalised in some places.  Was this a farmer's crop or was it growing wild? 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• I picked these in a olive grove and I think these grows wildly in that region of Italy.

• The leaves of the Aloe arborescens seem to be more thin, long and of a darker green. But I'm not an expert..