Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

what's plants do you have in your greenhouse right now.

I have 2 mini greenhouses and have lots of plants in them, just wandering what other people have in their greenhouses at the moment.  I currently have

Foxgloves x 9

Aquilegia x 5

Jasmine cuttings x 6

Calendula seedlings

hydrangea cuttings x3

Fuchsia cuttings x 26

Buddleja cuttings x4

just sown some delphinium seeds

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I want my plants toughened up for winter.  They're outside at the moment.

Very small and borderline hardys can go in the cold GH later (much later)image

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • My greenhouse is full, 

image I'v got tomatoes, basil,aoneoms,tradescantia, a large Hoya in flower, a Pomegranate,several Clivias, cuttings of salvia Hot lips,geraniums, penstemon,lavenders.  I think I could do with a larger greenhouse.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,076

6 assorted chillies, 2 mother pesntemons I use for cuttings and one over excited fig I have just had to prune heavily to allow light and air to its fruits.

Far too hot here to stick anything else in there yet but it'll get my gunnera and some hostas and lillies in pots to over winter plus my bay tree and the pineapple sage and fuchsia and penstemon cuttings.

Dahlia tubers will be stored in the garage which won't freeze and some fuchsia parents and pelargoniums will go in the cool attic (as opposed to cold) under the Velux so they can hibernate safely and get an occasional drink just to keep them ticking over..

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • ElusiveElusive Posts: 992

At the moment I have

Various Primulas that I divided at the end of August all doing well.

Geranium Cuttings

Penstemon Cuttings

Lavender Cuttings

Osteospermum cuttings which Ive just potted on

Scotch Bonnet chillis

Cheyenne Chillis

Sweet Banana Chillis

A small Agapanthus which is taking its time growing :P

I think thats it but It will all get added too and moved out etc as the Winter months draw in

Oh and all the Spring Bulbs that I just potted up image

• both sides of the path in my greenhouse are full of chilli plants with fruits ripening.

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

I've lots of tom plants, one cue plant left with one cue still growing image various chilli plants, with mainly red fruit on, and three sweet pepper plants, me bought these as chilli plants according to the label but the heat in them is zero image and onions waiting to be platted up.

I would usually have some late sown biennials in there at this time but sowed them earlier this year and they're all outside, in pots, looking good to be planted out although still a tab bit small.    

• YviestevieYviestevie Posts: 7,066

Egyptian Paper Plant

Penstemmon Cuttings

Lavender cuttings

Lupins grown from seed

Hollyhocks grown from seed

Pelargonium cuttings

Nemesias that I'm hoping to overwinter

Ixia bulbs

I've still to take cuttings from my fushias

There's more but my brain isn't working at the moment.

Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands

My lupins are quite sturdy, so are the hollyhocks, I'm really not sure weather to keep them in the greenhouse over winter or plant them out.  Any views welcome

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Oh Ive also got

Cosmos Choccomocca

Coleus cuttings

Stephanosis (spelling)

Purple daisies that close at night (cant think of the name but love the colour so want to make sure they overwinter)