London (change)
Today 26°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
21 to 40 of 115 messages
03/11/2013 at 12:14

This is my first post on here and I'm so pleased to say that after 2 years of trying to get some later flowering plants going I have - coreopsis,sedum aj,toadflax,white Japanese anemone, clematis freckles(early I think), guara , abelia, wallflowers, osteospermum, red and pink and some candy penstemon ,white cosmos just keeps going,verbena bonariensis, pelargonium in a basket,hardy fusia and another one that's not hardy, and a self seeded tiny flowered chrysanthemum . Wow I got really exited then.

03/11/2013 at 12:20
I'm not surprised you're excited lainey2, that's a good number of late flowers.
03/11/2013 at 15:44

Lainey2   I just popped out to look at my verbena bon.  and yes, it's still flowering    so is a foxglove !

03/11/2013 at 15:56

Cosmos still going and survived the battering of the wind last week. Some cyclamen flowering and a white aster  - can't remember the name, but very tall with small white flowers, really lights up the border. Japanese Anemone put on a good show but I cut them back last week because leaves were looking tatty. Fuchsia "Army Nurse" flowering profusely again - first flowered in May - hardy fuchsias still going. Penstemons are looking very healthy but no flowers! Most things starting to die down and lots buried under Autumn leaves.

03/11/2013 at 16:30
Verbena bon has one little flower, winter jasmine 2 flowers and plenty of buds.
03/11/2013 at 16:37

hi Iainey2, can I ask whereabouts you live? just so I can build a mental picture. Like yourself I have a real mix in flower - dahlias are fabulous as no frost as yet. My strangest flowerings are a cowslip and a bud on an oriental poppy....I live in the NE.

03/11/2013 at 16:41

Lots of verbena, penstemon, fuschias, cosmos, sedums and Japanese anemone, some roses and germs which have flowered non stop through the summer!! Also have some geraniums still flowering with bacopa! 

03/11/2013 at 17:04

Whoops meant Geums!!!!

03/11/2013 at 17:37

Roses, lots of them, different varietes

Cosmos, coreopsis, dahlia, verbena bonariensis, trafescantia, Salvia (annual), sedum white and red, violas, heuchera, fuchsia 'delta sarah', calendula, nasturtium

Never fails to amaze me how much is still in flower 

03/11/2013 at 20:27

I still have cosmos too, marigolds, cyclamen, geraniums (should get them in) -

lots of everlasting begonias going very strongly still and masses of honeysuckle

growing high on the wall where it catches the sun.  Hope the strong winds

here tonight don't flatten everything.

03/11/2013 at 21:01

I know there's several asters and chrysanthemums.Some aconitums and miscanthus. Cyclemens coum and cilicium. There's some very tall yellow daisy types that may be some sort of helianthus. 

I'll go and have a look around tomorrow and see what else

03/11/2013 at 21:03

And those pretty salvias Nut 

03/11/2013 at 21:14

Aconitum stainless steel, helenium double trouble, just about, and helenium Chelsea, just.  Gazanias, osteospermum  voltage yellow. (get this one follks....it's a beauty and flowers non stop) nemesias, tulbaghia, ophiopogon in flower, liriope,  echinacea milkshake, ..........oh, look,it's still summer, isn't it?  

03/11/2013 at 21:43

Nothing flowering at present but lots of evergreens which will keep colour in the garden over winter, this morning there was one sad dahlia, belise (bought to flower next year but clearly the plants don't know that) and geraniums but they were potted up this afternoon to save for next year.

There are two clemantis cirrhosa climbers due to come into flower in Dec/Jan though, Freckles and Jingle bells, both looking quite lush at present.   

03/11/2013 at 22:10

Lavender, borage, chives, a couple of dahlias, arbutus unedo, cyclamen and aster - I think that's about it, though have seen cosmos, argyranthemum and roses in flower in a neighbour's garden this week. Pleased to see this thread as it's been on my "to do" list for a couple of weeks to make a note of what's still flowering so that I can plan for having more flowering for longer next year.

03/11/2013 at 22:33

Wow, reading this makes me think I need to work harder for an autumn bloom!!

I still have fuchsia, feverfew, lavender, primulas, pansies, lupins, wild flax, climbing rose, a couple of unknown shrubs, a strawberry plant and a courgette plant with flowers on!! And this is the first year in three for the Nerine to flower, they look amazing!! Oh and a day lily is hanging on in there!!

Must try harder!!

04/11/2013 at 08:36

Oh sorry Ianiey2, meant to say hi and welcome to the forum. 

04/11/2013 at 08:41

ah yes Dove, 3 of the shrubby salvias and a few flowers on an unidentified herbaceous one. and nerines, a few flowers on 2 different ceratostigmas. Choisya. liriope, one foxglove,

04/11/2013 at 17:54

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/33671.jpg?width=544&height=350&mode=max

my Peacock Orchids and my yellow roses are doing there best right about now and I love them for it! 

04/11/2013 at 20:28

Lots of ones and twos that don't make a display but Nicotiana sylvestris is looking good. Corydalis ochroleuca and lutea. The climber that used to be called Dicenta macrocapnos. Persicaria 'Red Dragon' has only just started looking really good. Daphne 'Eternal Frangrance' which I admire for persistance, it's usually in flower, but I don't like it as much as D. tangutica. Erodium pelargonifolium.

From a distance some heleniums, adenophoras and persicaria look OK.

21 to 40 of 115 messages