Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

What's this plant?

My father asked me recently try if I could figure out whar the hell a plan was that has started growing in his garden recently, as Google has turned out fruitless, I thought I'd try a gardening forum. Hopefully I'll be able to post a photo once I've started this thread because I'm new to the forums and If it's possible it's immediately obvious

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Hi surfchaser. From a PC start from the green tree in the toolbar. Someone else will advise you re other devicesimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Now i've built up a suitable amount of anticipation, here it is

any ideas??

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039

It is one of the Euphorbias.

How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

Yes, euphorbia - they self seed around a bit - they can look quite amazing in the right place. 

Be careful not to get the white sap on your skin as it can burn, especially in bright sunlight.

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Thanks guys!
  • It looks like Euphorbia Latherus, thought to keep moles at bay.

grows as a annual but self seeds.

It doesn't upset my molesimage

It is good Jo.

• They can be a terrible nuisance once they start seeding there seeds are round and pop all over the place. I would pull it out now before it comes to that.

Depends what you want Rosemaryimage

The excess aren't hard to pull out