London (change)
Today 14°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 14°C
3 messages
14/06/2012 at 10:22

Our hose pipe ban was lifted yesterday - not that I have had to do v much watering in the garden. I think I have only go out twice this year to water all the pots.

Now everything seems v behind as the weather has been so cold and rubbish but also I have not been feeding anything. Normally I use a mixture of comfry soup (when available) and Miracal Grow. As everything has been saturated - it seemed silly to put more water (with feed in it) on stuff. When, how, what is the best way to feed all the pots. They had a bit of granular fertiliser in spring but thats its. 

14/06/2012 at 12:09

I'd switch to a "dry" fertilizer if you can for the moment - things like Phostrogen, for example, can be sprinkled on the surface of the soil and left for the rain to water in.

If you need to water it on, though, I think that you'll have to wait until the weather dries up. If we ever see the sun again, things will grow very rapidly (if they haven't drowned).

15/06/2012 at 08:57

Thanks Alina, shall give that a try. 

Such a funny yer for gardening, some things are sat sulking, some have gone crazy. 

The slugs and snails are having a party in all this rain and some many things are now falling over in all this high wind. 

And the lawn hs olny been cut about 3 times this year as its always too wet!! 

email image
3 messages