Start a new thread

1 to 3 of 3 replies

Our hose pipe ban was lifted yesterday - not that I have had to do v much watering in the garden. I think I have only go out twice this year to water all the pots.

Now everything seems v behind as the weather has been so cold and rubbish but also I have not been feeding anything. Normally I use a mixture of comfry soup (when available) and Miracal Grow. As everything has been saturated - it seemed silly to put more water (with feed in it) on stuff. When, how, what is the best way to feed all the pots. They had a bit of granular fertiliser in spring but thats its. 

Alina W

I'd switch to a "dry" fertilizer if you can for the moment - things like Phostrogen, for example, can be sprinkled on the surface of the soil and left for the rain to water in.

If you need to water it on, though, I think that you'll have to wait until the weather dries up. If we ever see the sun again, things will grow very rapidly (if they haven't drowned).

Thanks Alina, shall give that a try. 

Such a funny yer for gardening, some things are sat sulking, some have gone crazy. 

The slugs and snails are having a party in all this rain and some many things are now falling over in all this high wind. 

And the lawn hs olny been cut about 3 times this year as its always too wet!!