Start a new thread

21 to 28 of 28 replies

Yeys!  My hubbie just didn't understand.....Thanks RD!

My boyfriend is the same but I'm working on him!

Bilje, I'll sort it out soon. Been a bit mad with stuff going on, sorry.

I've "planted" a section of stem from Dahlia Imperialis which I cut down at the end of last year and chucked in the compost bin: it not only survived, but started growing both shoots and roots from the stem section. I just had to give it a chance.

So, dahlias quite popular then......

Liked them,  then hated them but now getting fond of them again.  

Met a guy once whose garden had nothing but dahlias .......a blaze of colour all summer.  All staked and growing tall. Autumn?  Nothing 

I love the smell of dahlias - as I think someone on the Allotment show said, they smell of ....... dahlias.

Have you noticed how chrysanthemums smell of ................ chrysanthemums

I like them but not sure if they are high maintenance as last year I struggled with aphid or something black all on stems. But now having 456 bedding And my larger ones I have to do something with them.

Thanks for the reply Hostafan1, I was concerned you'd planted yourself in a border. I nearly did yesterday, over reached fell forward grabbed low fence and had to yell for help as I couldn't move for fear of standing on plants. Having a lazier day to day here in the NE the weather is glorious. 

Funy you should mentioning rescues from the innards of the compost bin, I now have3 or 4 mystery dahlias I spotted them shooting away and thought it mean to re bury them. Happy days.