Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Where are they coming from?

VerdunVerdun Posts: 23,348

came home to see a parcel on my doorstep.  "Live plants" it said on the box.

excitedly ripped apart the packaging to reveal 3 Corries Gold Gauras in flower and in perfect condition.  Yippee!  Potted on into 1litre pots because there are still a few weeks of growing weather to come down here and watered.  Will plant out with purple shrubs, perennials or grasses in spring.

but, where did they come from?  I have more plants than I need right now and as a perfectly  logical person I could not have ordered more, could I?  But, did I?   Maybe a lager or two, maybe in my sleep or maybe a kind person on the forum treated me?  image 

A mystery methinks image

Last edited: 07 September 2016 12:36:10

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 37,884

The Flower Fairy?

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Daisy33Daisy33 Posts: 1,031

Secret Gardening Club were selling 3 x Corries Gold Gaura in their latest selection. Maybe you have a secret admirer there. image

• I wish the flower fairy would pay me a call! image

Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• Daisy33Daisy33 Posts: 1,031

Very nearly went for the Gaura myself but I already have far too many plants and I did manage to grow Gaura the Bride from seed last year but then shoe-horned it into the border and I don't think she was very happy.

Yep, Secret G C are great.