London (change)
Wed 25°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
21 to 26 of 26 messages
02/02/2014 at 10:13
02/02/2014 at 10:20

God knows whats happening with my posts.... The joys of technology!

Those geums look pretty! A kind of cross between a poppy, rose, and geranium.

Im off to find the Parker's thread....

02/02/2014 at 11:08

Yikes, glad I saw this thread. Was tempted to buy a purple berry shrub from them (and get 2 others free in the process). Now I know its quanity over quality. Thankfully never ordered shrubs from them.

Thanks for the heads up guys

02/02/2014 at 11:20

Bed, if you like geums check out Totally Tangerine.  The best by far.  Flowerimg for me right now.  Flowers all,summer on long dainty stems.

Ruby....sensible girl.    Quality every time.   Over recent years I've bought quality plants only.  I have never regretted it.  And many have been propagated to make excellent contributions to the garden.

Mmany new varieties are so much better than the older ones....flower colour, stature and quality just oozes from them.  They are really no more expensive either if you search them out.  astrantias, hellebores, echinaceas, heleniums, salvias, etc etc etc

02/02/2014 at 11:35

Whilst you get what you pay for with Parkers, they do have offers where the price is so good if you are willing to bring the shrubs on from the plug size plant that you get sent it is well worth it cost wise.  I bought 3 cistus rock flowers shrubs last year and they spent the year bringing them on they are now at the same size as I would have brought from the nursery but they cost me £2.99 for the 3 and the nursery chanrges £10 each.

In answer to the original post, there is always room. I went to see a garden last year as part of the garden scheme and it made me realise I have a lot of space left, check out the link below and you will see what I mean

Good luck though and enjoy the results

http://www.lynandmalc.co.uk/

02/02/2014 at 16:37

So I've emailed and (hopefully) cancelled my Parker's order. I've had a quick look at Jackson's - wow, they are really reasonable!

Off to look up some of other peoples favourites....

email image
21 to 26 of 26 messages