Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

which plant is behind Monty (8 June)

Migu BeMigu Be Posts: 4

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg526/scaled.php?server=526&filename=20120608213713.jpg&res=landing

• Migu BeMigu Be Posts: 4

thanks

• KezzaKezza Posts: 90

phlox ?

• Gary HobsonGary Hobson Posts: 1,892

I'd have thought it was too early for phlox, especially if that photo was taken 2 weeks ago.

But it could be.

Is that all one type of plant. Or is there a white plant, and a lilac one.

• KezzaKezza Posts: 90

Was just having a stab at it being Phloximage, as mine in the garden are barely 10" tall at the moment and with no flowers.  When I looked the plant up on the internet, it showed an array of colours.  I have a pink one and a purple one.....couldn't see from the above pic whether it's the same plant or not though.

• Migu BeMigu Be Posts: 4

if u still have access to the 8th june I-watch, could u have a look (I can't from belgium...)

tx

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

Seems to be featured right at the beginning as well -they look familiar -someone will know

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jtcrp/Gardeners_World_2012_2013_Episode_12/

Irises?

They were out then, and come in white and light blue.

There are several close-ups of blue iris blooms near the start of the program.

On second thoughts - no. There's a separate shot of the lilac and white flowers, which are not irises.

The Edit function is so useful.

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

Not irises-the plants are about 4 minutes and 10 seconds in

sotongeoff wrote (see)

Not irises-the plants are about 4 minutes and 10 seconds in

Yes, I just said so.image

They're quite showy plants.

Good ol edit.

• AlieshAliesh Posts: 179

its sweet rocket i have it on my allotment