Forum home Plants
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Which type of robinia is this?

KamoKamo Posts: 41

Trying to identity which species of robinia our tree is. It doesn't quite seem to fit the robinia pseudoacacia description. We have lived here three years and I've never seen it flower, though this could be because the garden is north west facing. The leaflets are also fairly tightly curled up.

Photos to follow

• KamoKamo Posts: 41

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

R. psuedoacacia Lace Lady?

Devon.
  • Wow what a beautiful specimen , never seen one this tall before and yes I agree with hostafans ID

• KamoKamo Posts: 41

Thank you Hostafan that looks right. I think it must be quite a mature one as the info I found call it a dwarf tree and I think it's about 3 metres tall!

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

Devon.
  • Dilly3Dilly3 Posts: 91

I saw one of those trees in someone's garden a few weeks ago, it was a nearby village open gardens. 

Never seen one before so asked the owner what it was he called it a robina twisty baby. 

Unusual tree. 

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

The first time I saw one of those I thought it had a disease. Looks deformed to me. Not attractive (to me, each to his own)

In the sticks near Peterborough