London (change)
Today 28°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 17°C
4 messages
14/05/2012 at 16:11

My wisteria is an established plant, had it 3 years but its a lot older than that- about 10 years I think.

Ive finally got it to flower after following Monty Dons pruning advice. Its covered in about 30 droppers of flowers, its wonderful.

But the leaves are now translucent and a pale yellowy green, not the yellow they go in autumn.

Anyone any ideas?

Maybe feed the wisteria, But i'm sure someone told me they prefer to be slightly malnourished?

14/05/2012 at 16:17

Wisteria should be fed in spring with a general fertilizer such as fish, blood and bone. As a first step I would try giving yours a liquid feed, something like liquid Growmore, and see if that solves the problem.

20/05/2012 at 10:03

I have exactly the same problem, I have had my Wisteria in a sunny spot for a few years and it always grows well although I have neglected to prune. I have been waiting for it to flower since it was first planted 5 years perhaps., it has started its growth well at first this year and is full of flowers for the first time since I first got it. before the leaves or flowers have opened properly it has all gone yellow and looks very unhappy. what can I do I am so dissapointed, who can help us?

20/05/2012 at 10:15

I will try the liquid feed as Alina suggests

email image
4 messages