London (change)
Today 15°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
4 messages
13/06/2014 at 21:44

I have a wisteria alba which flowers profusely every year. After flowering this year the leaves are curling up and dying-not thru lack of water- I have had this plant for over 10 years, it is an off shoot of a previous plant that was again about 10 years old  and which died completely. I dug at the roots to find they were rotting but could not find out why and no one was able to throw any light on the reason for this. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is it some thing in the soil? Is it a disease? Can I save this plant? Could it have been the amount of rain we had last winter? Your views would be appreciated.  Just thought, can you have wisteria wilt like clematis wilt?

13/06/2014 at 23:34

Sounds like, Magnesium deficiency.

26/07/2014 at 11:11

I have had exactly the same experience Trish 3; the Wisteria has been happy and vigorous for around twelve years and about a week ago, curled up and died. 

I live my garden but know nothing about it - Mike Allen, do I enrich ground with Magnesium and replace the Wisteria or plant something completely different?

I would really appreciate any advice.

26/07/2014 at 11:48

Mine has just done the same, I assumed I had overlooked watering it but it sounds as though Wisterias are having a hard time this year.

email image
4 messages