Start a new thread
Orchid Lady

I think it must have Chrissie  I hope it is Veronica, it's very pretty. It looks like it will be flowering soon so we'll soon know 

Orchid Lady

Could the mystery plant be Gaillardia? I did sow some of those and nothing happens so I threw the seed compost in the border? I've just been looking at some and the leaf shape looks similar.

Dovefromabove

I would have said that the leaves are narrower than the gaillardias that I remember - but there may be cultivars with narrower leaves ................... 

Orchid Lady

Thanks Dove, I don't know because I don't ever recall seeing one 'real' and was just going off the pics online.  I think I'll need to wait until it flowers now.  Thanks for looking anyway x

Another guess at a Penstemon, I have one that looks just like the plant in your pic, I have three different varieties and one of them has much thinner leaves. I bought them end of summer last year in the sale and they didn't really flower, but I kept them in a sheltered spot in pots over winter and they are just starting to flower now and looking lovely  I think it is called Garnet, sods law I accidentally chucked the labels away just last weekend so can't be sure!

Advertisement

Orchid Lady

Thanks Caz, as soon as it flowers I will post pics again, although by then I may be able to work it out myself from the options people have posted on here.  If it's a Penstemon it's definitely been sown by a bird as I've never tried to grow them or bought them.

star gaze lily

Nothing to do with me OL

love lisianthus

Orchid Lady
It's only taken me a day to work out what you meant Lily......brain obviously is malfunctioning!!
star gaze lily
Lol, OL, ....winky smile and big smiley smile
Orchid Lady

Here is another pic or the plant we didn't ID, taken tonight.  The flowers feel papery, if that makes sense, and I don't think they  will open, it looks like this is it?

nutcutlet

That might be some kind of helichrysum. I'll have a look and see if I can find anything

Orchid Lady

Thanks Nut, I've had a quick google of that and can't see anything on images.  I'm still absolutely stumped as to how it got there!! If I'm honest, it's not very pretty 

nutcutlet

Most of the helichrysums are more silvery than that

I should know what that is but I can't retrieve it from  my brain files

Orchid Lady

Maybe you will in the morning after a sleep Nut  Thank you anyway x

Edd

could it be one of the Pseudognaphalium. common name Cudweed or rabbit tobacco? 

Advertisement

Orchid Lady

So a rabbits been having a sneaky smoke and left it there Edd?  I'll have a google now 

Orchid Lady

Been to Lidl today and picked up next week's offer leaflet, they have Lisianthus for £1.69 each, pink, white and purple in a 10.5cm pot  I might have to jnvest in one (or two) when I do my shopping on Thursday 

gardenning granny

it's a bit like achillea ptarmaticum  - except that has a spray of flowers at the top, and a bit like one of the anaphalis family....you're certainly keeping us all on our toes OL

Orchid Lady

Which one GG?  The one above or the original one? The flower (Lisianthus) I have solved and posted above and the one I last posted a pic of earlier up the page which no one could get is no more!! It got squashed last weekend and I didn't like or want it really anyway so that made it a weed 

Thank you anyway and yes I like to keep you all busy 

Woody has got that in his garden I wanted id for it