London (change)
Today 13°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 10°C / 5°C
1 to 20 of 24 messages
28/10/2013 at 00:11

Just wondered if any of you have lost pots, furniture or greenhouses in the storms during the night.

28/10/2013 at 00:24

Nothing happening in Mid/East Devon except rain so far (not in our bit, anyway) which is Cullompton, EX15 .... it is certainly peeing down though and has been for a fair few hours already. 

28/10/2013 at 07:37

Lost one panel of trellis here in Surrey - but not out of the woods yet !

28/10/2013 at 08:07

I am ok too pheewwww. Wind got v strong at 5 am and lo plastic picnic table blew away into the herb bed... No herbs damaged thank heavens

28/10/2013 at 08:13

Just had a look on another thread and trifid house has lost a greenhouse door last night. Not sure where they are though. 

28/10/2013 at 08:37

Haven't been out yet but can't see anything serious from here.

28/10/2013 at 08:55

we've only had one small bin overturned and it has rained. I think it passed us by. I am on the S. Wales coast

28/10/2013 at 09:04

All OK here (Glos/Hrfd/Welsh border) Need to go from Wales over to England across the River Severn today and one of the Severn Bridges still closed at the moment. 

28/10/2013 at 09:12

No more rain or wind here than in any normal Autumn.

28/10/2013 at 09:46

It's been blowinghard here in central Belgium for 2 days - very bad for sleeping as my bedroom is at the west end of the house and gets all the noise. 

The only reason my trellis fence between the veggies and the garden is still up is because it's still tied up like a trussed turkey after the big storm in July which nearly flattened it.   It'll be getting new concrete boots for the posts when all the vegetation dies down either side and we can get to them.

Haven't yet been out to check the greenhouse which was also damaged in that storm but no new trees down so far.   The paddock across the road is flooding nicely.

I hope it doesn't get any worse and that there's not too much damage in the main path of the storm across England.

28/10/2013 at 09:52

I can see blue sky on the horizon 30mm of rain and a considerable amount down the chimney and on the sitting room floor. New chimney liner a few weeks ago so no soot to soak up the water. I'm not houseproud, as soon as it dries I'll forget it. Garden damage will be assessed as soon as that blue gets here.

28/10/2013 at 10:07

I'm not at home but just seen lots of pics of trees down in Sussex. Just keeping my fingers crossed I don't have a nasty shock when I get home. Thanks to Chicky I got my pots taken off gateposts

28/10/2013 at 10:13

Good job potty..... I just did a quick check and it wasn't till I was sat drinking my coffee I noticed someone's smalls flapping in a branch of my plum tree lol made me laugh so hard I'm leaving them there!!!! ( well I don't know if they are clean! And who's they are!)

28/10/2013 at 10:16

Hope not too much damage for you all.

All fine in Cornwall although they are already forcasting another storm this weekend.

So sad about the teenager going missing in the sea at Newhaven.

28/10/2013 at 10:19

Seems there are several trees down across roads around here - OH just took a very circuitous route to work.  Luckily no-one hurt here - others have had it worse.  Terrible thing wind - scares me silly.

Nut - if you see Dove this morning give her big hugs from me !

28/10/2013 at 10:30

lots of rain ,nothing really damaged so far ,fingers crossed,but its just started here with out the wind.

28/10/2013 at 10:39

just a few sticks ans a wet mess but nothing serious out there.

I'll pass that on chicky. No messages so assume she's still coming. It wasn't that bad in this area, I should think you had far worse. It terrifies me as well

28/10/2013 at 12:12

Everything is fine here. Just tied my mini greenhouse to the fence so hopefully it shouldnt blow away. 

28/10/2013 at 12:54

Felt my house shift in the early hours which was slightly unnerving, however garden all ok apart from stressed looking clematis, everything else seems ok (I jammed up all pots, furniture and misc items against walls and fences).

28/10/2013 at 13:26

Essex - Seat in my avatar blew over but undamaged, now righted. A lot of debris off my willow tree and next door's pine - I'm drowning in pine needles! Other than that no real damage.

A lot of mess cleared up, sun's out now and I'm catching up online before enjoying a well earned cup of tea on aforementioned seat!

1 to 20 of 24 messages