Start a new thread

21 to 31 of 31 replies

discodave

Thanks Nut and Verdun.

Any ideas about my mecanopcis? Just a bit confused if it should be inside or in the unheated greenhouse. Thanks
joyce mannell

Verdun Fairygirl Woodgreen

Thanks for the replies the verbena and artemisia looks the best as i only want low growing plants  about 4 to 6 inches high 

joyce m

Atilla
discodave wrote (see)

Does anyone know an easy way to spot the difference between foxgloves and comfrey?

This photo is one I took this morning (before it started snowing). One is a foxglove and the other is a comfrey. I know which one of these is which (foxglove was removed from my coldframe for this picture) but in the garden I can't tell the difference. 

Left is Foxglove, right Comfrey.

nutcutlet

My money still on Foxglove and green alkanet.

Advertisement

Amandathepanda

Question - if gardeners didnt have the weather, and pests and weeds  to complain about what would be the next topic of discontent?

nutcutlet

I hope we'll get a photo when it flowers

Dovefromabove
Amandathepanda wrote (see)

Question - if gardeners didnt have the weather, and pests and weeds  to complain about what would be the next topic of discontent?

Neighbours' fences and hedges? 

nutcutlet

And there'd always be something we wanted to grow but couldn't

Fairygirl
joyce mannell wrote (see)

Verdun Fairygirl Woodgreen

Thanks for the replies the verbena and artemisia looks the best as i only want low growing plants  about 4 to 6 inches high 

joyce m

Joce I was going to suggest thymes/thrift/dianthus which is why I asked about aspect. They make a good carpet if it's a sunny site so long as drainage is good. Also some of the low growing alpines- loads to choose from- sedum, saxifrages etc., and dwarf bulbs for a bit of extra colour early on.