London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
9 messages
03/06/2014 at 13:27

Hi all, 

Unfortunately some nasty so and so has been at my pots again. Looks like someone has cut off all the flowers and buds from pretty much everything I have. This included a flowering stem on my aquilegia. I was wondering if it will produce a new one or any other buds on it anywhere? even if not - it should still survive and flower next year right? 

Pretty disappointing - but moving to a much nicer area in a few weeks - with a nice big garden to keep all my lovlies safe in too! 

Thanks! 

03/06/2014 at 13:51

I could be wrong (other will point out if I am)  but if it hadn't started flowering it might send a flower spike up this year.

03/06/2014 at 13:55

And if not it will be fine next year

03/06/2014 at 14:03
03/06/2014 at 14:58

Miserable b*****rs........why do people have to be so flaming horrible!!!  Others will give advice on the plant Thomas, I just wanted to say what a shame  My lovely neighbour over the road had all her tulips cut last year, we think it was probably someone stealing them to put on a grave as we live near a graveyard!!  Not nice at all.

03/06/2014 at 15:13

Poor Thomas.  I hope that your plants grow back  if not this year then next.  

I once watched two children around three and four years old leaning across the front wall and picking the heads off all the daffs!  Wasn't their fault - nobody had told them 1. not to cross the road by themselves. 2. respect other people's property.  

I'm sure you are really looking forward to your move to a bigger, safer garden. Let us know how you get on

03/06/2014 at 15:20

Thanks Orchid and Lesley - (I tried to say thanks to Nut and Tree in that other post but looks like it hasn't shown up. It had just started flowering - had a few open and a couple of buds looking like they were about to. Might be one or two left on the flowering stem, so might still get a bit out of it) Its a shame, but I guess these things happen. wish they would have taken the flowers but they just left them on the floor around the pots! Anyway - enough moaning from me - just wanted to get it off of my chest haha. glad that the aquilegia will be ok - looking forward to giving it some proper ground soon!

Thanks again for the kind words. Very excited for the new garden. I'm sure i'll be posting like mad trying to get you all to teach me what I need to do for it haha. 

all the best!

03/06/2014 at 16:05

What is it with some people?? I'm really sorry to hear this Thomas,the sooner you move the better.I would be hopping mad but you're being very dignified about it,though whether the !$#@ deserve your considerate response is another matter.

04/06/2014 at 13:13

heh thanks - I was pretty upset on monday, but some things still have some buds on them so i'm considering it a free "Chelsea Chop" service haha. This forum is always good for cheering me up though, and inspiring me to keep on going with the plants! Was mainly annoyed cos it was my birthday the day before it happened. A whole day of people being lovely, and then the following morning it brought me back down to earth with a bit of a thud! 

email image
9 messages