Start a new thread
I have 2 bay trees at the front door for over a year. One is thriving the other one has recently started to lose its leaves and most are brown and crispy although when I cut into the stem it is still green. Is there any hope?
Dovefromabove

Any bugs, creepy crawlies, sticky lumps, white fluffy patches or anything on the poorly one? Pics would be good 

jatnikapyar

HI, bay are pretty easy and pest and disease free. I had two standards too and lost one of them.I would put down to to the very wet weather. They do not like soggy conditions. I do shed some leaves in the autumn so I suggest you perservere and it will perkup in the spring.

Hi no bugs crawlies or anything untoward looking! Just all the leaves brown and crisp while the other is sprouting new leaves
Bookertoo

I wonder if one is sitting in a colder windier place than its brother?  Our golden one outside the back door got like this, I cut it back to ground level preparatory to removing it, and it shot up with new stems and has - so far - been great since.  maybe a hard prune might help yours too?  

Advertisement

I will give it a try! Many thanks everyone