London (change)
Today 10°C / 7°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
41 to 43 of 43 messages
13/03/2015 at 12:07

That could waste a lot of time sitting around waiting for them, not to mention all the bovver of getting a gun permit.    The poison I use does the job quickly and without further effort or time form me apart form bunging any corpses in teh bin.

Now I just need to find a way to stop all the meeces from migrating into our attic via the rather too porous brick walls this old farm is built from.   Any sensible suggestions gratefully received as they've been more than usually numerous and persistent this year.

13/03/2015 at 12:31

You don't need a gun permit in the UK for a .22 which is ideal and more than adequate for dispatching rats.

In your situation obelixx an infra red night sight would be essential. It is the only way you would deal with rats effectively in a rambling old house and outbuildings. The professionals use both bait and night sighted air rifles to make a serious impact on rat populations.

13/03/2015 at 12:43

You can't faff around with rats.  Poison em, shoot em. or get a Jack Russell or two.  

You have to be ever vigilant with the critters.  I'm not of the gently gently brigade when it come to rats. Get rid or you WILL be overrun.  

Peppermint, mothballs ?  Waste of time.  

email image
41 to 43 of 43 messages