Start a new thread

1 to 13 of 13 replies

lynne24

hi, my friend has just up rooted some of the above plant for me, there are no flowers on it just leaves, at the moment the roots are sitting in water, am I ok to just plant it our, or do I need to cut it down to the roots before I plant it.

thanks x

lynne24

thanks ladybird, do I need to cut it down, its quite tall with leaves on, sorry for being a pain, but I do love it x

lynne24

Does this help 

ha ha xx

nutcutlet

Black eyed Susan? Looks more like a hardy geranium.

The non-hardy plant Ladybird referred to is a Thunbergia. I've also heard rudbeckias called BES. This isn't either

Last edited: 07 August 2016 16:35:40

lynne24

nutcutlet he told me it was black eyed susan ha ha, what shall I do with it? x

Advertisement

lynne24

I'm totally confused, I seen a yellow daisy like flower in his garden, he told me it was black eyed susan, he has just knocked with this, is it worth planting? Thanks for your responses x

lynne24

sorry, im not very good on this site, thanks for all your advice, will plant it out now x

lynne24

Thanks ladybird, sorry again about all the confusion x 😊😊

Last edited: 07 August 2016 16:58:08

nutcutlet

the one in the neighbour's garden will be a rudbeckia I should think. You'll have to find a tactful way of asking for a piece without implying that he doesn't know what's what in his garden.

Cut the leaves off right to the bottom of the stems. If it was my garden, with its rock solid soil, I's pot it up til it got some root and leaves and plant out in autumn

lynne24

Thanks nutcutlet, and I wilm be tactful lol x

treehugger80

this is black eyed Susan (thunbergia)

treehugger80

this is Rudbeckia - black eyed Susan - might be how the misidentification might have happened

lynne24

hi treehugger

thanks for your post, I seen black eyed susan in my neighbours garden a few years ago, the other day I asked him if I could have some, but it was hardy geranium that he gave me ha ha I will have to ask him again