London (change)
6 messages
23/09/2012 at 13:54

I seem to have become allergic to something in the garden.  I sometimes get a cluster of small blisters (up to 1cm diameter)  eg on the inside of my arm, as if I've brushed against something.  Any ideas?  Looking on line, euphorbia seems to be the most likely culprit but I haven't been near any lately.

Any Ideas??

23/09/2012 at 14:05

I get painful rashes, but not blisters, from sticky bud/goose grass and some conifers.  All sorts of plants have bristles or sap which can upset sensitive skin, especially in sulight so, if it's a weed, best to wear long sleevs and gloves once you've identified the culprit.  If it's a treasured plant then consider protecting yourself or finding it a new home with friends or neighbours.

23/09/2012 at 15:57

Anything with hairs can also cause a reaction, e.g., scabious.

23/09/2012 at 16:19

My Hubby gets blisters if he touches courgettes etc.

Pam LL x

23/09/2012 at 20:52

Have you been picking runner beans? - the plants sometimes give me a very mild rash.

24/09/2012 at 08:35

thanks for all this.  I have harvested a few parsnips - but wouldn't you expect them to be benign as you eat them?  Don't think I'll grow them again.

email image
6 messages