London (change)
Today 18°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
5 messages
13/03/2014 at 14:52

Hi,

I brought some 3years old bonsai trees last autumn on clearance, try watering them to keep them survive until I just pull out a couple and found they have wooden trunk. Just wonder if that means they are dead & cant be recover anymore? As I'm not to SURe are the theory same as plant vs tree?

Thank you

ping

13/03/2014 at 14:55

Bonsai trees are just trees that have been kept small by root pruning and small pots. What varieties are they?

13/03/2014 at 15:09

I have Camora & Sageteria

13/03/2014 at 18:17

Sageteria is chinese bird plum which will be decidouos and have no leaves at this time of year. keep it outside in a sheltered position from wind, and keep it damp but not too wet.it should grow leaves in April or May.

I do not know what camora? is, please check spelling.

13/03/2014 at 18:51

If you purchased them from a Bonsai grower/nursery, they should be happy to advise you.

If from a Garden Centre, it's always worth asking advice but I suspect you won't have much luck from them  re advice/info if they were bought in and then sold off cheaply when they didn't manage to sell them.

There are several good Bonsai nurseries and informative articles - it would be a pity if you were put off this fascinating aspect of tree growing by an early disappointment.

Good luck  

email image
5 messages