London (change)
Today 16°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 6°C
5 messages
07/05/2013 at 13:56

Hello fellow fig growers - I need some help.  I've had a Brown Turkey fig for three years in a large (1/2 meter across) pot in the sunny end of the garden.  I've never had a fig and only produce the miserablest leaves ever seen to a gardener!  This spring I have had no sign of a leaf and of the three branches, two are dead and snapping off.  Whats gone wrong and do I cut my losses, throw out and resign myself to the (disappointing) fact I just cant grow figs!!  Any advice gratefully received!

07/05/2013 at 14:08

Do you look after your fig or has it been neglected?

07/05/2013 at 16:38
Hi iv just got some fig cuttings and i,m going to grow a couple of trees ,they do need a little attention to their planting and also their next years fruit needs attention before winter ,how to do this is on the net ,RHS and others offer mostly the same advise which im following ,usually no fruit is covered by most of them and very simple.
Good luck
07/05/2013 at 18:03

Hi,i recently repotted mine and the top layer of compost was lousy with vine weavil, must have caught the blighters jst in time, great big fat things they were,yuk. Fig appears happy now, first leaf only just emerging....

07/05/2013 at 18:05

Forgot to say, could be what's wrong with yours? Tip it out and have a look!

email image
5 messages