London (change)
Today °C / °C
Tomorrow °C / °C
6 messages
08/04/2014 at 17:14

I have just been pruning my buddleia Pink Delight and alot of the leaves look grey and are shrivalling up.  I always thought it was impossible to kill buddleias.  I have done some research thinking maybe it had something wrong with it but all I can find is that maybe it got too wet in the winter.  I lost one a couple of years ago.  The leaves just shrivalled up and it died so I am abit worried.  Is there anything I can do?

08/04/2014 at 17:49

Take some cuttings from the bits that look OK.  A few weeks ago I simply pulled a few bits off of a variegated one I often walk by, stuck them in my coat pocket and planted in a 50/50 mix of grit and compost when I got home.  2 out of three have now rooted. 

08/04/2014 at 20:50

Thats a good idea.  I have just potted up 3 cuttings so if the plant does die hopefully one or two of them will take.  I pulled off a branch from the bottom and it was quite rotten so maybe it just got too wet over the winter.

08/04/2014 at 21:22

you may have pruned to hard or their natural span of life has come to an end ,about 5 years in my garden and I always take stick cuttings.

08/04/2014 at 21:29

Hi

One of mine looks a bit worst for wear, I think my one is in a too damp place. So I'm going to dig it up put it in a pot and dry it out in the GH. Hopefully it'll spring back to life.

10/04/2014 at 11:00

Mine is looking abit damp at the base of the plant.  I pulled a branch off and it was rotten so I think it must've got too wet in the winter.  Hopefully one of the cuttings will take.  Its only been there for about 3 years.  So when planting a new plant is it a good idea to dig in alot of grit around the plant?

email image
6 messages