Start a new thread

1 to 6 of 6 replies

I have just been pruning my buddleia Pink Delight and alot of the leaves look grey and are shrivalling up.  I always thought it was impossible to kill buddleias.  I have done some research thinking maybe it had something wrong with it but all I can find is that maybe it got too wet in the winter.  I lost one a couple of years ago.  The leaves just shrivalled up and it died so I am abit worried.  Is there anything I can do?

Take some cuttings from the bits that look OK.  A few weeks ago I simply pulled a few bits off of a variegated one I often walk by, stuck them in my coat pocket and planted in a 50/50 mix of grit and compost when I got home.  2 out of three have now rooted. 

Thats a good idea.  I have just potted up 3 cuttings so if the plant does die hopefully one or two of them will take.  I pulled off a branch from the bottom and it was quite rotten so maybe it just got too wet over the winter.

flowering rose

you may have pruned to hard or their natural span of life has come to an end ,about 5 years in my garden and I always take stick cuttings.

Secret Squirrel

One of mine looks a bit worst for wear, I think my one is in a too damp place. So I'm going to dig it up put it in a pot and dry it out in the GH. Hopefully it'll spring back to life.

Mine is looking abit damp at the base of the plant.  I pulled a branch off and it was rotten so I think it must've got too wet in the winter.  Hopefully one of the cuttings will take.  Its only been there for about 3 years.  So when planting a new plant is it a good idea to dig in alot of grit around the plant?