London (change)
Today 25°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
5 messages
07/07/2014 at 13:51

Hi 

unfortunately I have builders next to my court yard and the dust from all the earth removing is covering my plants with a clay dust. I hosepipe them each evening but I cannot remove all of the dust. Some of my plants now seem to be dying. Has anyone any suggestions as I love to sit out there on nice evenings and admire my work, I feel like my efforts have even wasted. 

Thanks 

07/07/2014 at 14:05

Is this a temporary situation or more permanent?

If only temporary I don't think there is much more you can do than you are already doing,so you will have to just sit it out and trust things get better later 

If more permanent I cannot really suggest anything,it would just have to be something you live with  (or move!)

07/07/2014 at 14:12

I'd ask them if they could put up some screening to reduce the amount of dust blowing over. Point out that your plants are suffering and hint at getting some compensation from them

07/07/2014 at 14:23

Thanks  Fleurisa. I have thought about that as I have spent a lot of money on plants. They finally got planning permission to build on the allotments that use to be, after a forty year battle, we won every time,  except this time the House of Lords overturned the council.

07/07/2014 at 14:27
While the work is going on put a sheet of newspaper over the pots. Or if it is windy something heavier like a sheet.
email image
5 messages