Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Camellia flower problem

As per description, I have two Camellia bushes planted near back wall of flats where I live and this year all of the flowers (white with thin pink streaks) bar two have turned brown at bud stage and dropped off without opening. The bush itself looks perfectly healthy. Strangely about twenty feet away another resident has a pink flowered Camellia which has flowered perfectly.

Any suggestions please

• Mine is doing the same. I had the first 2 flowers open up beautifully then the rest have done this. I think it's because the nights have been so cold, not quite frosty. Whereas earlier on the weather was much warmer, hence the flowers opened up quite happily. I may be wrong, hopefully someone on here can advise us both. Roll on the warm weather I say!

• lisealsliseals Posts: 74

Mine is doing the same image its got masses of buds as well. 

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Frost can be an issue if the plant's in an exposed position where it gets morning sun on the buds but the usual reason is a lack of water in late summer when the buds are forming. 

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...