London (change)
Today 14°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 10°C
6 messages
22/05/2013 at 09:27

HI everyone.. i was given these tulips few year ago in pots from a friend who didnt want them in their garden.. i dont understand why they are gorgeous.

but i do not know wha they are called.. and  i would love to buy some more.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/23975.jpg?width=289&height=350&mode=max

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/23976.jpg?width=289&height=350&mode=max

they have blue/green leaves and are gorgeous peach/yellow/ornage colour and tehy flower for ages.

also do i need to dig them up and split them each year..

many thanks for any help.

22/05/2013 at 11:22

How lovely these are although I can't help with the identification, but in my own garden, I don't worry about digging them up or division.

I plant mine pretty close but not touching but I do have sandy soil so I'm pretty confident they wont rot through the winter.

Besides, every time I try to move a bunch, I put me damn fork straight through the bulbs or I miss some which perk up next spring looking all gorgeous and innocent

23/05/2013 at 14:52

sorry for late reply.. have been able to get on here for some reason.. keeps coming up with error and the squashed tom picture.

anyway thanks for your reply wintersong.. i find i also stick fork into them.. and my soil is sandy also and they love it.

laugh at the little missed ones.. they do that dont they.. i had it with a crocus t his year .. well until hubby mowed it with the grass.. poor thing.

i cant find out about this tulips they are goreous and they stand about 12ins tall and are much smaller than normal tulips.. oh well maybe someone will come along and name them for me.

24/05/2013 at 17:47

Are they Fur Elise?

25/05/2013 at 07:39

@yarrow2.. i do not know.. but will search on those ones and see.. many thanks

25/05/2013 at 07:42

@yarrow2.. i belive you may be right.. they certainly look like htem and the description is about right.. many thanks.

they are such gorgeous tulips. everyone who passes them on the main path to house comments on them.

email image
6 messages