Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

CATS

can anyone please help me with cat pooing in my front garden had to move all plants and put them in back they are loving front garden but back garden digging up plants iv moved. really cant do anything try putting mesh over then wirer just cant keep them off please try and help me thank you

• EmmaWEmmaW Posts: 1
    We have had the same problem. Tried and still using B&Q own brand cat repellant granules. Easy to use and currently working. I have found no new unwanted deposits... Good luck
  • islejanislejan Posts: 3

I have the same problem as well, I find jeyes fluid mixed strong put in an old washing up bottle and sprinkle between plants be carefull not to get any on plants as it will burn. I also find empty plastic bottles half filled with water works to a degree, Good Luck

• I use silent roar lion manure, The pellets are soaked in real essence of lion dung, dried and sterilised. They are small ball like pellets which you scatter around the area, there is no odour to humans but cats can smell it . In my experiance they have been fantastic, you will probably need to buy them online. Hope this helps.

• Totally agree re Lions roar it's brilliant stuff. I also now put sticks around the plants until they have rooted in and the combination of the 2 seemed to have done the trick.
  • CornycolCornycol Posts: 2

I use an electronic cat deterrent in my back garden and don't have any issues with cats . Rarely see them but the front garden is used as a toilet so I think i need to get another or move the back garden one

• naomi4naomi4 Posts: 5

I have been using about 4 things at once! Basic cat deterrent powder which was cheap and seems okay unless the rain washes it away. I also have an electronic sensor which eventually seems to be working. Also, I am told tea leaves can work so I am trying that too. I just empty the leaves after my cup of tea into a tub and take it out once a week so effectively its free.

Good luck to all of us!

• moonmothmoonmoth Posts: 1

At the moment I am putting holly branches down on the bare earth - this keeps the cats off until the plants have time to grow up and cover the gaps.

• Silent Roar pellets available from Amazon work a treat

• My mother in law uses moth balls. She just scatters a few around the area and the cats really hate the smell and find a new toilet! They do need replacing regularly though especially in very rainy weather. Another remedy is to buy a cheap muscle spray (like deep heat) and spry it onto a few tea bags. Place them in the areas being used by the cats, and again, the cats hate the smell and are deterred from using that area as a toilet! This lasts a bit longer than the moth balls but does need topping up regularly for full effect.

• KatalinaKatalina Posts: 2

I dont seem to have this problem where cats are concerned -[they mostly bury what they do]  My problem is with Foxes Poo ! Any Ideas on dealing with this they seem to leave it on Patio and grass.