London (change)
Today 21°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 23°C / 15°C
21 to 35 of 35 messages
23/04/2013 at 14:41

One of my cats is part feral so i find it really hard to catch him when its flea and worming time last time i got bitten, but i love him dearly. If i cant catch him i doubt that anyone else would be able to

23/04/2013 at 14:48

Lion dung pellets apparantly work. And theyre quieter than a twelve bore.

23/04/2013 at 14:55

No they don't, Mike! Or has anyone had a positive result with it?

23/04/2013 at 15:00

No. Lion pellets don't work after a few weeks. I've had some success with an electronic squawker, but now the cats know its exact range and coverage, so I have to keep moving it! I've heard those motion-activated water squirters are quite good. There's one called a Defender and another by Contech on Amazon for ~ £50

23/04/2013 at 15:45
HI as i posted yesterday the Jeyes ready to use disinfectant is so far lasting for months no cats come near now it works for me ,
Alan
23/04/2013 at 16:00

Cheers Gold1locks and Noob Gardener2, will not be getting them now. Cats are a pain. I suppose a mix of every tip might have success.( except the gun one).

23/04/2013 at 17:02
I have found Lions dung works quite well. As I have quite a bit of digging to do, moving plants etc., in a newish garden, I have quite a lot of covering to do, soI use whatever I can get my hands on --- ie mostly empty compost bags and canes -- not the prettiest sight I can tell you !!
23/04/2013 at 17:59

Hi in my small front garden i use wooden bbq skewers pushed in any bare soil areas point side up! this helps but its amazing how they sometimes find a space  might try the muscle spay idea.

23/04/2013 at 19:23

i would suggest finding what they don't like then when ever they dig up the plants do it or get it then they will stop doing it.

23/04/2013 at 19:50

I tried the tea bag and muscle spray deterant only last week but the cats just dug them up too and it didn't deter them at all. 

We were unsure if it was actually cats doing the digging so my husband rigged up a small camera and we couldn't believe that in a space of just a few night we managed to film 4 different cats using our garden as a toilet. 

I spotted one cat doing it's business as I arrived home last night and ran at it to shoo it away and the *****y thing just looked at me, finished relieving it's self then sauntered off. If I knew where the cats lived I'd deposit their cat's doings on their garden! 

25/04/2013 at 17:59

Doesnt Jeyes fluid remind you of public loos?

25/04/2013 at 19:16
It smells better than cats stinky poo Maud! One of my neighbours leaves the cat out when she goes to work and the b.. thing wanders into my garden to do its business. It then goes around to annoy other gardeners. I see it wandering around and then when its owner comes home it goes back in. Its very annoying. I have had some success with high pitched sonic thingy but that stops the blackbirds so I am not keen to use it. Jeyes fluid soaked on tea bags and lavender oil. What a mix of smells but it seems to annoy the cat.
25/04/2013 at 20:18

I use lemon peel and grapefruit skins,seems to work .

28/04/2013 at 19:41

I do a pooh patrol on a regular basis and then take it all to the pooh bin. I do my best. Now if i could only get the people down the shop to put rubbish in the bin instead of letting it blow into my front garden.

28/04/2013 at 20:44

I've had to take action as my cat dug up the seeds I'd sewed, nibbled at my pea plugs and then proceeded (for the finale), to go to the toilet and then sit down so his hard work could be found!! Totally gutted, I've taken to creating mini bamboo wigwams around the contents of my raised bed. That and I'm going to get a squirty water gun!!! Any other ideas? X 

email image
21 to 35 of 35 messages