Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Cherry tree.

Hi there, Can anyone advise me on my cherry tree.  I am sure it has blossomed around this time of year in the past.  This year...nothing at all.  It appears to have buds all over the tree, but nothing appears to be happening.  Is it dead?

• Hey, we also have a cherry tree in our garden, so far we have no blossoms forming image Perhaps beause of the snow we've had over the last couple of months? 

We're in Kent, don't know if that makes any difference.

• Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488

Nothing on mine yet - I would not worry until mid-May as lots of plants are 2-4 weeks behind with the late frosts and poor weather.

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384

Same here, sweet cherries still in bud.  Mature decorative flowering cherries are in bloom but not the edibles.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • The seasons 4-6 weeks behind. Dont worry, they will come. They are just having an extra long snooze this year
  • Better late than too early and then frosted, like last year.  Six cherries I got, off three wee trees - or rather, the birds got them, it wasn't worth while netting them.  I hope for better this year, though like you, lecatsmother, there's not a bud opening yet - but they're plumping up.