Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Chilli problem

My chilli plant is in a greenhouse and a couple of the chilli's have this on them?

What do I need to do.

• ItalophileItalophile Posts: 1,731

Have you been fertilising? What with? Excessive nitrogen can produce that result.

• :::: nods in agreement with italophile:::::::::: 

• If they got wet during bright sun it may be scorching.  You need to be very careful with watering in sunlight

The necrotic area looks like it rings the fruit, a bit too extensive for scorching.

• Thanks for the reply's.

The more likely cause is the nitrogen. I did give it some Phostrogen other day and that does has nitrogen in it.  Any ideas on how to counter react the problem?.

The watering issue I don't think was the problem as this was done during the evening, but thanks will bear that in mind.  I have been watering it with rainwater too.

• Brains2 there is nothing you can do with this crop but I would advise using a more specific feed than phostrogen.... Google chilli focus it is an excellent feed for chillies failing that tomato feed ....... I never use anything else but chilli focus ( when flowers appear and fruiting) and swear by it

There are different Phostrogen products on the market but the all-purpose product's NPK is 14:10:27. The N stands for nitrogen and 14 is a very high figure. Chilli Focus's NPK is much more suitable.