London (change)
Today 18°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 19°C / 11°C
20 messages
26/08/2012 at 20:46

hello out there i feel like a boring newbie but i have tried loads of times to uplaod an image and i have been getting the 'oops technical team are looking in to it' for the past week now i'm fed up

26/08/2012 at 20:47

got to take dog out now and won't be back for an hour

27/08/2012 at 06:59

Good morning Budlia63

I have problems when using Firefox web browser, it must be to do with the settings on mine, I haven't worked out how to change the settings but I  also have Google Chrome web browers and if I can't upload or download I use that.  I have uploaded some photos this week and been successful so think it may be to do with your settings  or web browser.  Try clearing the history and cookies on your computer if you haven't already.  I am not a computer boffin so hopefully someone will give you some more advice.  By the way your dog looks like a cat Good luck!

02/09/2012 at 19:15

hi chris9 have tried deleting history and then i couln't get on here quickly Oops! Still can't get any pics on so will have to carry on without

02/09/2012 at 22:36

Hi Once you use the website again it will save it for the next time and so will get quicker again.  They are very confusing computer's, I clean mine regularly and also have Spybot to help keep it clean.  I know there was a bug the last couple of weeks on this website, I wasn't receiving emails responses for the threads but last week received them all at once.  Hope you get some luck with the photos.

regards

Chris

03/09/2012 at 18:01

Hello budlia63,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble uploading images. Can I just check that the images you're trying to upload are in 'jpeg' format, and the file size is below 1Mb? If the file size of the image is too large this might be causing problems.

If the files are below 1Mb, just let me know, and I'll ask you for a few details about your system, in order that our technical team can help you.

Thanks,

Daniel Haynes
Editor, gardenersworld.com

04/09/2012 at 00:11

thanks daniel my pics are 1MB so I am in the process of compressing them

Oops i tried to upload one and the same message came up!

04/09/2012 at 00:49

hello Daniel

My pics are jpeg format and less than 1MB

I just tried to upload a pic that's 30.5 KB and got the Oops message i assume KB are smaller that MB

thanks

budlia63

04/09/2012 at 10:23

Hello budlia63, Thanks for the update. In order to find out what is causing the problem, our technical team will need a few details about your computer set up. The quickest, easiest way to do this is to visit the following page:

http://supportdetails.com/

This will automatically detect what browser, operating system etc you're running. All you need to do once you're on the page is to type your name, email address and our email address (gworld@bbc.com) in the boxes at the top of the screen, then press 'Send details'.

Thanks for bearing with us!

Daniel

07/09/2012 at 13:48

Thank you daniel i think I've sent them my details

07/09/2012 at 14:02

Hello budlia63.

Yes, your report came through - many thanks!

I think the problem might be browser related - you're running an old version of Internet Explorer (version 7). Ordinarily, I would suggest uploading to the most recent version (version 9), but you need Windows Vista or Windows 7 as your operating system to run that. However, it is worth updating to Version 8, which is compatible with Windows XP, your operating system. You can download it for free here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-8

Alternatively, you could try the latest version of Firefox or Chrome, to see if that resolves the problem.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

I hope this helps. Do you let me know if you have any further problems.

Best,

Daniel

07/09/2012 at 15:54

hello Daniel, done what you said and here goes

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/11490.jpg?width=226&height=156&mode=max

this is first pic i found  super thanks for all your help

budlia63

07/09/2012 at 15:58

Hello budlia63,

Wonderful! I'm really pleased that worked. I hope this is the first of many image uploads!

Daniel

10/09/2012 at 23:08

hello Daniel

please could you advise if we can ad video clips here and I notice that some members have very long windows with lots of pics how can i do that as well?

Thanks Budlia

11/09/2012 at 09:47

Hello budlia63,

Yes, it is possible to embed YouTube or Google Video clips. Just click the image icon (the picture of the tree), then click the right-hand tab 'External site'. Then, copy and paste the web address of the page containing the video (not the 'embed' code - just the address of the page itself) into the URL field. Then, from the dropdown menu, choose either 'YouTube video' or 'Google video', then click 'Insert'. The video clip should then appear within your post, once uploaded (until you submit the post, you'll just see a yellow box, but the video will appear once your post is published).

And yes, you can also upload sequences of images. Just keep repeating the same image upload process you've been using, for each individual image you wish to include in a single post (I would recommend inserting a couple of line breaks between each image.)

Best,

Daniel

11/09/2012 at 11:33

Thanks Daniel I will give it a try

Budlia63

07/11/2012 at 17:01

Hi daniel I would like to import my own video clips  they are MVI and have .AVI  after the clip number any advice please?

08/11/2012 at 17:52

Hello budlia63,

I'm afraid it isn't possible to directly upload individual video files to the forum. One of the reasons for this is that videos can have very large file sizes, and we have restrictions on the file size of uploads. The only way to upload videos is by the method explained in my earlier post - using the image upload tool to embed either a YouTube or Google Video clip. So, if you want to share you clip here you'll need to upload it to one of those services first, then link to it in your post.

I hope this helps.

Daniel

12/11/2012 at 13:23

Ok

thanks

27/12/2012 at 23:45

happy christmas daniel i just noticed the thread about seed swops is there any way we could get a page to list what we have? so folks could find what they are looking for without having to trawl through all the posts it sounds like a brill idea

email image
20 messages