London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
21 to 25 of 25 messages
27/07/2014 at 12:08
and if I get a professional to do it, do I need to look for an arborist or tree surgeon? thanks a lot!
27/07/2014 at 17:50

Hi Kleeblatt

You said you have cut it down before, can you not do this yourself by taking a branch at a time and working downwards towards the trunk

If you have to choose any of the above choose the cheapest 

For sterilising i personally use nine parts water to one part bleach

As bleach is corrosive, oil your tools afterwards

28/07/2014 at 13:27

Jeyes fluid is also excellent. To be honest, I'd get rid of the lot. And get an arborist to do it for you. Willow won't burn (well, it will, but I really wouldn't advise it) and you don't want any part of the diseased wood sticking around for long.

Have it cut down and get them to grind the root stump and put a good strong stump and brushwood killer on it. Follow directions precisely. By the spring, you should be able to replant, easily....

28/07/2014 at 16:29

when we did cut it before, we also had someone to do it for us!

I definitely get a professional in as there is another tree next too it I want to be looked at!

thanks a lot all for your help and advise!

I'll update you if it could be rescued or had to go!

I'll keep my finger's crossed though!

07/09/2014 at 10:59

Hi All, we did cut the back to the healthy looking wood and will see if it recovers! the guy who did it for us, said if it is something in the roots the rest will die off and he will come back and take it out for us for a small fee!

email image
21 to 25 of 25 messages