Start a new thread

1 to 6 of 6 replies

Hi - My Corylus is looking very unhappy. It was planted a few months ago and although there have been a few new leaves the majority of the existing leaves have started drying from the edges in. I am unsure if I am over or under watering. I have tried feeding the plant.

It is situated with sun and shade in well drained, good soil.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Stuart as you say it's not looking too good. Would ask what is the green residue on your fence?

Hi's my neighbours fence and due for replacement. I thinks it's just algae.

So it's not anything from the fence.

Looking again at the pic' I think it might be dead, scrap your nail on the stem and see if there's anything green there. Because it's not been long planted I doubt it has rooted properly, maybe a slight pull on the plant and it will come out.

Hope I'm wrong and someone else can tell you what is wrong with it.

Looks like overwatering to me. I suggest you do like Kef said pull it out and look at roots.

Thanks both. I've pulled out the plant and the roots don't seem to have grown, however, when I scratched the stem it was green so that's a good sign. I had been worried about over watering but the soil around the plant was nicely damp but definately not sodden, I'm thinking of going back to the centre I purchased it from to see what they say. Thanks for your answers.