Today 19°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 18°C / 10°C
21 to 30 of 30 messages
27/11/2012 at 19:24
Verdun wrote (see)
Sigh!

What is that supposed to mean Verdun?

28/11/2012 at 07:14

Now now boys - I think this is a case of a misinterpretation of tone .... isn't it? 

It's at times like these that smilies can be so helpful 

28/11/2012 at 08:06
Morning dove. You are right. Sorry.
28/11/2012 at 09:46

Just read this thread and comments.
Firstly you need it to be dry to cut grass with anything and that includes a ride on mower as I found out, Imagine the thing from the bog??
Secondly the explanation of why it cannot be exchanged at the moment sounds plausible to me.
If you write or have written to B&Q telling them all the circumstances they should let you take it in when you can or even better pick it up and exchange it.
All goods sold must do the job they were designed for.
Cutting long grass needs a bit of craft, blades right up then slowly lower them over the next few dry days, I walk the lawns to make sure there is nothing to damage the blades, kids throw stones sticks balls etc.
The poster asked for advice, let us give that.

Frank.

28/11/2012 at 10:00

My point is is that no retailer will exchange or refund money unless the product is shown to be faulty-they are a business after all -no matter how big or small.

The circumstances of the buyer are immaterial-but to say to someone you will be given a replacement or refund without knowing how the damage is caused is jumping the gun-in my opinion.

And the subject is about strimming very long grass- at this time of year-not cutting it with a mower

28/11/2012 at 14:27
I think the mower in question is ....possibly....same as purchased last year by someone I know. Blade simply bent. There may well have been a stone, etc in the grass but if so it was not seen or has been since. B & q exchanged it without quibble for different model. I had purchased a mower from homebase that developed a fault just a few days after its warranty expired but secured a replacement so always worth a try. I understood the question and it was clearly answered by everyone but I offered advice too out of concern and with a view to assist because she will receive help as i have described. Hey, Xmas soon. Happy Christmas everyone.
28/11/2012 at 17:41

28/11/2012 at 19:10

Thank you all. The circumstances were: I was mowing the grass and the blade suddenly clunked and bent.  There was nothing for it to hit that was visible or felt under foot.

No stone, stick, toy, anything... Also I will be going back after Baby is born (unless I can get before then) as B&Q have asked me to return the product so they can look at it.

Again, thank you all for your advice!  

28/11/2012 at 19:34
Hey, let us know when baby is born
28/11/2012 at 21:14

Yes - we can be virtual fairy godparents 

email image
21 to 30 of 30 messages