Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Damping off help

Just spotted that one of my marrows have died off damping off (Not doing well this year on this account) but the other two in the same pot are fine and just about to develp their first true leaves. Should I dig them out asap or can I leave them. I am worried that it might spread to the two healthy ones or are is it too late to save them too?

• LilylouiseLilylouise Posts: 1,013

I would pot them up singly image

Pam x

• figratfigrat Posts: 1,619

So would I, but wonder about the multiple sowing in a single pot. I always sow cucurbits singly in modules, though I know some people double up and then later remove the weakest seedling. Always seems a bit wasteful to me.

• SwedboySwedboy Posts: 394

I don't have the space in the flat to grow them in indivudual pots hence the mulit occupancy. The first lot germinated so badly I put all the rest in (free seeds from a seed swap). I need to learn to water less! I'll try to pot them on later today or tomorrow.

I palm of my extras to my friends!

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

I'm struggling with watering Swedboy, at this time of year I've found it difficult to gauge as my plants are in the GH and on a warm day the plants take in most of the water, on a cool day they remain damp and as I water in the evening it's impossible to know how warm it's going to get in there the following day.

I'm sure like many we'll have some successes and some failures. Happy growingimage  

I find these smillies abit grusomeimage