Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Day Lily.. Corky

My 3 year old day lily..corky is not flowering again this year. I have 2 plants.. one has the morning sun and the other the evening sun. Both plants are not shrouded by other plants. They are fed and watered. What may be the problem of them not flowering?

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064

My smallish yellow flowered hemerocallis have been flowering for a couple of weeks now and wafting perfume about but none of the others is flowering yet and I have all sorts.  Most were split last autumn so should be in fine fettle however it's been a cold, dry spring here and maybe that's holding them back.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • Fluffy CloudFluffy Cloud Posts: 200

Thanks for all the reply. I don't think its congested!! But how does one define 'congested'?? It was suggested that the planting depth may be too deep for Corky. Any thoughts on this??

I'll leave them as they are and in the Autumn I'll dig them up and split them.

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532
    Corky it all depends on variety can be early .mid and late,June,july and august
  • Fluffy CloudFluffy Cloud Posts: 200

Thanks gardeners.