Start a new thread

21 to 34 of 34 replies

Lol, dogs should be on a lead unless in a dog friendly place. And I would never allow mine to pee up a neighbours garden. As always not the dogs to blame -  just people.

Hostafan1

I'd say dogs should be on a lead anywhere other than on their owners' property.

We got off the ferry that connects Padstow to Rock a couple of years ago and a dog lifted it's leg and pee'd down my friend's leg. The owner didn't even apologise, unbelievable  .

Hostafan1 says:

I'd say dogs should be on a lead anywhere other than on their owners' property.

See original post

You should probably move to America then, where that largely is the case.

Just to put the other side of that particular argument and as an owner of running dogs who can't be properly exercised in a garden and need to be off lead in open country occasionally, I go to some lengths to find places that are away from 'normal' public access to exercise my dogs. I don't go to National Trust Gardens or family friendly beaches (even in Winter) or town parks or managed woodlands, basically anywhere that has a cafe and a proper car park is strictly either off limits or on lead because my dogs run fast and frighten children. Having gone to one of the few beaches in the southwest where there is no dog ban (more than half of the sandy beaches have dog bans for at least part of the year) or back water bridleway, I get thoroughly peed off with people having hysterics that my dog is running near them. There are dozens and dozens of lovely places you can go to walk where you'll not see a dog off lead. Why go to one of the very few safe places for dogs to run if running dogs frighten you? It's not like these places are easy to find. It took us about 5 years to find a place we can reliably go on the North Devon coast at any time of year.

Dove is right, a properly trained dog should never approach a stranger, but they aren't born with this instinct, they have to be taught, and by definition, when they are learning, sometimes they'll get it wrong.

As for the OP, peeing on a neighbour's plants is bad manners. But the scent of dog pee is usually what makes other dogs pee there so it inevitably escalates. A fence and slosh of warm water with some biological washing powder or a squirt of one of the bio odour removers that they sell in places like Pets at Home to get rid of the smell on the fence should some bad mannered owner let their dog pee there will help to break the cycle.

Clarington
DyersEnd says:

We got off the ferry that connects Padstow to Rock a couple of years ago and a dog lifted it's leg and pee'd down my friend's leg. The owner didn't even apologise, unbelievable  .

See original post

Maybe it's because I'm a hyper vigilant dog owner because

a) he's a big scary German Shepherd who we adopted knowing he wasn't perfect and probably never will be

b) he's a complete mummies boy 

But you'd be amazed how SOME owners have no awareness of what their dog is up too even if it's on a lead. I won't start a holier than thou tale of the things I've seen because some of us might be wanting to enjoy brunch.

Advertisement

Hostafan1

raisingirls says

"You should probably move to America then, where that largely is the case."

I'd rather spend the rest of my life in a bath of dog wee.

Papi Jo
Hostafan1 says:

raisingirls says

"You should probably move to America then, where that largely is the case."

I'd rather spend the rest of my life in a bath of dog wee.

See original post

That is debatable. 

Gosh, this is almost as bad as the endless Cat threads.

Papi jo - I'm curious.........what is debatable ?  The idea of living in America or the desire to live in a bath of dog pee ?  

At least there wouldn't be room for Mr. Trump in the bath as well  

DyersEnd - that is quite incredible.  What a shame your friend was too well behaved to pee on the dog owner - or even the dog

All comes down to the same thing really - inexperienced and/or uncaring owners.  Plenty of them about but mostly only evident with the likes of cats and dogs simply because they are visible to the rest of us.

Papi Jo

@philippa,

... Mr Trump seems to like pee (golden showers, etc)

Hostafan1

Philippa says 

"or the desire to live in a bath of dog pee ?  "

Can I clarify? If it was an "either or situation" that would be my choice. 

Not a " desire" as such? 

Oops  - sorry  

I'd agree tho

Last edited: 06 October 2017 18:50:49

Clarington

I for one don't want to share a bath with any Trump règardless of whether it's filled with dog pre or champagne.

Obelixx

Pointless was on while I was steam cleaning the kitchen floor.  Psychopath was one of the answers and it seems that significantly high proportion of political leaders and big business men score highly on the "are you a psycopath?" assessment.   Donald Trump seems to have an excess of psycopath markers to me.

I have little desire to visit the USA anyway except maybe to go and eat lobster in Maine and see some of the natural sites but absolutely no desire while Trump and his ilk are in charge.  Deeply unpleasant people and an uncaring society with no safety net for the disabled or unfortunate.  Nasty place.

That said, I don't want to bathe in dog pee either but I know which would be cleaner and less toxic.