Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 34 replies

My garden is open to the road and was just a lawn so to create boundaries I have put in Lavender and box hedges. But I have saw one of my neighbours letting her dog urinate over my flowers. It's a long rd and people tend to walk their dogs along it. I can't see this problem going away.

Obelixx

You need a fence, or a "pretty please we are not a dog toilet" sign or else a water scarecrow but that will wet everyone.  Or a bigger dog than the neighbours.

Last edited: 05 October 2017 13:13:55

Think I'll go with the fence. Thanks.

Papi Jo

Dogs are a nuisance.

Joyce21

Only uncontrolled dogs.....their owners are the nuisance!

Advertisement

Hostafan1

imho, most pet owners ( outdoor kinda pets,cats and dogs, not goldfish etc ) are a bit selfish. They want the animals and everyone else has to put up with them.

I'd up the price to £2 for dog mentions HFan - you could be on a winner here 

Hostafan1 says:

imho, most pet owners ( outdoor kinda pets,cats and dogs, not goldfish etc ) are a bit selfish. They want the animals and everyone else has to put up with them.

See original post

'Most'? 

Fairygirl

I see people letting dogs pee up against hedges etc all the time. Why do they think that's ok? 

Perhaps we should all go and cock our legs against their fences, hedges and walls.....

Know what you mean Fairy - living "on the street", I have planters by my front door - some dog owners think it perfectly acceptable to let their dogs pee on them

Like the idea of doing the same but my sense of balance is poor these days - so, I'd need 1 paw to rest on the wall/fence, another paw to lift.  Leaves me with 2 paws but both on the same side.  Need to work on that one

Fairygirl

Would you like a loan of my walking poles philippa? 

Clarington

FYI chances are they'll just pee up the fence instead.

scroggin

As a dog owner I have to accept that there are a lot of ' selfish' owners. But that simply mirrors society in general. I've had more than one ' mind your own business' confrontation when owners have blatantly let their dogs ' crap' and don't pick it up, in the same vein I've done the same with litter droppers.

Scroggin - I do so agree with you about the litter droppers - tapping someone on the shoulder and saying " I think you just dropped this ? " usually earns you a mouthful or just a stare.

There are lovely dog owners - one chap I know with a beautiful sheepdog was surprised when I saw him out with his dog the other day.  I was in my car and pulled over to speak to him ( and the dog too of course ).  He reckoned I was the first person to stop the car just to speak to the dog 

Completely the opposite was the person who left a bag of dog crap outside my front door one day despite the fact that a Dog Bin exists just a few yards away  Well, I suppose at least they bagged it. 

Advertisement

Dovefromabove

We get quite a few dogs walking their owners past here and most seem very well behaved.  One of the owners has offered to swap his Bassett Charlie for my car ... I am tempted ......... 

Last edited: 05 October 2017 18:41:49

Hostafan1

I think part of the problem ( ?) is that some, SOME owners are blinkered by the love they have for their animals that they just can't, or maybe won't conceive that others don't share that love. 

I hate dogs running up to me in the street, park, beach, jumping up at me, sticking their nose in , erm, intimate bodily areas and the owners just glibbly say " oh don't worry, he's just saying hello / being friendly" 

I don't want them "saying hello" , or "being friendly". I don't like them and I don't want them near me.

Why can't they just be kept on a lead when in public places?

Dovefromabove
Hostafan1 says:

.... Why can't they just be kept on a lead when in public places?

See original post

... and speaking as someone who's kept dogs for most of my life,  proper training, proper training, proper training (for the owners as well as the dogs). 

Last edited: 05 October 2017 18:47:19

Hostafan1

wise words as ever Dove. 

Dovefromabove

A well trained dog should never ever approach a stranger without having been told to by its owner, whether it's on a lead or not 

Last edited: 05 October 2017 18:54:14